What is LiteSpeed webserver?
Added: 24.10.2014 13:50:15 Last updated: 09.11.2016 11:21:19
LiteSpeed webserver (LSWS) is a web server with excellent preformance compared to other web servers and can replace Apache without having to change configuration files. Meaning basically anything running on Apache web server will also work on LiteSpeed web server without having to make any changes. Clients using WordPress and Magento on our LiteSpeed web servers tells us they are very satisfied with improved performance compared to our Apache web servers, as well as other scripts using PHP will have increased performance.
LiteSpeed web server is the fourth most popular web server on the web and was the first commercial web server. Here are some of the benefits of chosing a LiteSpeed web server instead of Apache:
- Static content is served up to 5x times faster than Apache.
- Dynamic content is served up to 40x times faster than Apache.
- HTTPS 3x faster than Apache.
- Uses less of the servers resources which makes it longer until CloudLinuxs limits is reached.
- Supports HTTPS/2 and SPDY.
All customers with Medium and Premium web hosting can be transferred from/to Lite Speed web server (free of charge). Please contact support if you would like us to transfer your web hosting.
Start web hosting does not have access to LiteSpeed web server.