Setup of an email account in Windows Phone
Added: 02.11.2015 14:13:43 Last updated: 03.10.2016 14:12:19
This guide explains how to set up the email client that comes with Windows Phone to send and receive email.
To set up email in Windows Phone, you must use the values supplied below. Exchange the values with the values that apply to your email account with PRO ISP. In this example, we used email@example.com as the email address with a specified password.
You should use cpanelX.proisp.no as the inbound and outbound mail server name, if you are using SSL. X must then be exchanged with the number of the PRO ISP server on which the email account is configured. If you do not use SSL, you can also use mail.dittdomene.net, where dittdomene.net must then be exchanged for the domain for which you wish to configure the email account.
Begin by opening the built-in Outlook email application.
- Press the symbol shown below in order to open the menu.
- Tap "Add email account"
Select "Other account".
- Enter the email address you wish to add.
- Enter the password for the account.
- If the phone is able to find the correct settings automatically, you can just proceed. If not, tap the "Try Again" button, until the "Advanced" button appears.
- Tap the på "Advanced" button in case the phone has not found the correct settings automatically.
Select "Internet email".
- Enter the desired account name. If you have set up several email accounts on the same device, it may be a good idea to give it a logical name, so it is easy to tell the accounts apart.
- Enter the name of the person who uses the account. This will be visible as the sender of the emails from this account.
- Enter the inbound server name. You should have received this information when ordering your web hosting solution from us.
- Choose for the account type to be IMAP (IMAP4).
- Enter the user name, this is always the full email address.
- Enter the password for the email account
- It may be a good idea to tick the option for the password to be displayed, so you can check that it is correct.
- Enter the outbound server name. You received this information when ordering your web hosting solution from us.
- Tick the option indicating that the outbound server requires authentication (Outbound server requires authentication)
- Tick the option to use the same user name and password for both the outbound and inbound servers.
- Tap "Sign in" to complete the setup
As long as the information specified in the previous steps was correct, the account will now be ready for use.
We have now covered the steps for adding an email account on your Windows Phone.