Restore web hosting account backup
Added: 10.03.2014 23:26:29 Last updated: 12.01.2017 00:26:26
This guide explains how to restore the files and folders in your web hosting account.
Please note that:
- This functionality is available to all of our web hosting packages.
- It is now possible to restore databases as well. Should you face any issues with this, please get in touch with our support, providing the name of the database and the date.
- Backups are executed daily, and they are available 30 days back.
- If you log in to cPanel through the customer pages, you must have the user name and password to access the backup server.*
- If you log in to cPanel directly, you do not need the user name/password to access the backup server.
Click on the "R1Soft Restore Backups" icon as shown in the below screenshot:
In this example, we want to restore all of the content in the public_html folder from November 9:
1. Click on the iconet to open the backup from the desired date.
Double-click the "home" folder.
You can also restore specific files/folders if you double-click the "public_html" folder. In this example, we will restore the entire folder.
1. Tick the "public_html" folder.
2. Press "Restore Selected" to restore the entire folder.
3. You can also download the public_html mappen to your machine, if you want to.
4. A copy of the public_html folder can also be sent to the server in a .zip, .gzip or .tar file.
Press "Restore" to overwrite the files and folders in the public_html folder of your web hosting account.
In some cases, for account if the account has been hacked, it can be a good idea to remove all of the contents in the public_html folder before performing a restore.
The restore from a backup has now been completed. The entire "public_html" folder has been overwritten with the older version in your account..
We have now covered the steps needed to restore a backup from a specific date.
It is not necessary to restore the entire web hosting account. If you need to restore deleted or lost emails, you can do so by accessing the mail folder.
Instead of selecting files/folders in Step 2, you can select the database icon as shown in the image below.
Press the plus sign to display the list of your databases.
1. Tick the database you wish to restore.
2. Press "Restore Selected" to restore the database, overwriting the one currently present in your web hosting account.
The database has now been restored.
We have now covered the steps needed to restore a database from a specific date.