Create PostgreSQL database in cPanel
Added: 10.03.2014 23:26:29 Last updated: 24.01.2017 10:49:57
This guide details how to proceed to create a PostgreSQL database in cPanel. The guide assumes that you are already logged in to cPanel.
Click on the icon for "PostgreSQL database guide" as shown in the screenshot below:
- Type the name of the database you want to create
- Click on "Create database" to move on.
- Here you can see that the database has been created.
- Type desired username for user for the database. The username will have the prefix username_ where username is your username in cPanel. In our example we type user1. The database user that is created will be ittdoubc_user1.
- Type desired password, twice
- Click on "Create user" to move on.
- Here you can see that the database user has been created.
- By clicking on "Submit" the database user will be added to the databasen.
- We get a confirmation that the user has been added to the database like desired.
- To go back, click on "Go back to PostgreSQL databases".
Via "PostgreSQL databases" we can see the name of the database, the user associated with it, and from here we can delete and change the name of the database.
You have now created a PostgreSQL database with associated user.