Your search returned no hits.
95% of all problems already have a solution in our knowledgebase
Added: 10.03.2014 23:26:29 Last updated: 11.05.2019 14:01:52
SPF makes it possible for email servers to identify and stop emails with false senders. Normally, anyone can impersonate any email address, for example email@example.com. When SPF is used, the email server which receives emails from firstname.lastname@example.org can check if the email server that is pretending to send on behalf of email@example.com, is really allowed to send on behalf of firstname.lastname@example.org.
DKIM is designed to verify the sender email address' domain and the email's integrity. DKIM prevents a lot of fraud methods, but is not a complete solution. Google and Yahoo has used DKIM on their servers since 2004.
In short, the use of SPF and DKIM will:
Click the icon for "Email Deliverability" as shown below:
Find the email account you want to manage and press the "Manage" button.
Press the "Generate Local DKIM Key" button to activate DKIM for the account.
1. Press the "Install the Suggested Record" button to install a standard SPF record in the DNS Zone File.
2. Click "Customize" to set up a custom SPF record.
Customized SPF record
Sometimes the SPF record has to be customized to work correctly. For instance, if your domain is using a 3rd party calendar service that sends out appointment reminders on your behalf, the 3rd party has to be added as an approved sender in your SPF record.
1. To add an allowed sender by A-record, click here.
2. To add an allowed sender by MX-record, click here.
3. To add an allowed sender by IPv4 address, click here.
4. To add all allowed senders in the SPF record for another domain, click here.
5. Checkbox to exclude all senders not listed in the fields above.
6. Press the "Install a Customized SPF Record" button to save the settings and write the SPF-record to the DNS Zone File.
We have now been through how to activate SPF and DKIM for your domain in the cPanel.