Change name servers for my domain name
Added: 10.03.2014 23:26:29 Last updated: 30.01.2017 10:35:18
This guide shows how to proceed to update name servers for a domain name. This guide assumes you have already logged in to the customer portal with your customer number where you have ordered the domain you want to change name servers for.
- Click on the username in the menu.
- Choose "Domains" under "Services".
Click on the plus sign on the domain, and then on «Change name servers».
Notice: Make sure the domain has status "Registered" and that it's not cancelled and expired.
You will now see a new window where you can update name servers for the domain.
- Choose the amount of name servers you want to switch to.
- Click on the button "Update amount".
- Type the name server you want to switch to.
- Type the second name server you want to switch to.
- Click "Update" to update the name servers for the domain.
If the name servers were changed you will receive a message about this as shown in the screenshow below. If the name servers were not updated you will receive an error message describing the reason for the failure.
We have now been through how to change name servers for a domain name.